Learn more about our shelter and foster pets

Click here to view animals

AFV is committed to finding loving forever homes for the many animals that pass through our shelter each year. Our highly successful adoption program includes mandatory spay and neuter requirements.

Adopt an animal at the shelter Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Wednesdays we’re open until 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)

Adoption Fees:

(Spay or Neuter fee may apply)

  • Adult Cat Adoptions – $25
  • Kittens under 6 months old – $50
  • Unaltered Dog Adoptions – $60
  • Altered Dog Adoptions – $80
  • Puppies (under 1 year) – $100
  • Pit bulls – $25
  • Chihuahuas – $25
  • Unaltered Senior Dogs (over 5 years) – $35
  • Altered Senior Dogs (over 5 years) – $50
  • Senior Citizen (60+) Adopting a Dog – $25
  • Rabbits – $25

Unaltered animals must be spayed or neutered prior to adoption.


Lost your pet? Please come to the shelter to look for your lost pet. Please bring proof of rabies vaccination and spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) and a collar/leash. If the animal is not at the shelter, fill out a lost report up above under “File a Lost Report.” Look at other shelters in the area. AFV does have an address listing of the local shelters in the area. Put up signs in the vicinity of where the pet went missing. Check with local veterinarians and groomers. Continue to come to the shelter every few days and physically look for your pet. Look on our list of animals at the shelter to see if your animal has arrived. DO NOT GIVE UP! If you are reunited with your pet, please have the animal microchipped in the event the animal goes missing in the future. If your pet was already microchipped, please ensure the microchip information is kept up to date to best get in contact with you in the event they potentially go missing again in the future.

If you have found a pet and want to hold it and try to find the owner, bring the animal to the shelter to have it scanned for a microchip. You can post a Lost Report or Found Report Or, call (951) 674-0618 Ext. 210 to file a report.